- Marinade salmon in 2 Tbsp. of soy sauce for 1 hour.
- Cook rice, sprinkle and mix it with Mizkan Seasoned Rice Vinegar to make sushi rice.
- Slice ¼ of salmon into a long and skinny length. Slice onion very thin and soak it in ice water for a few minutes to crisp, drain and pat dry. Set aside.
- Heat the salmon slice in a frying pan until the surface of the salmon flesh begins to turn white. Place the salmon slices into a plastic bag, sealing the bag tightly and let the bag soak in the ice water until salmon is chilled.
- When the salmon is sufficiently chilled, bring the salmon out of the bag, and slice into a thin bite size strips. Set aside.
- Slice avocado into 16 thin slices and set aside.
- Pour additional 1 tsp. salt into a plastic bag with 3-½ oz. of the salmon and let it set in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to chill.
- After 30 minutes, pour the Mizkan Seasoned Rice Vinegar enough to cover the salmon in a plastic bag, seal and continue to chill for another 1 hour in the refrigerator, then slice the chilled marinated salmon thin and long for Temaki Sushi.
- Chop green onion into very thin strips 1-2″ long.
- Arrange the rest of the Temaki Sushi ingredients on a large platter. Offer dried seaweed sheets for making more Temaki sushi and soy sauce for dipping sushi.
- Everyone rolls his or her own sushi into a Temaki sushi as desired. Add other ingredients to Temaki Sushi to enjoy. Any combination of fresh fish and vegetables will work.
Note: Combination ideas—(a) salmon, mayonnaise and sliced onion, (b) mother and child salmon roll (a combination of Salmon slice and salmon roe), (c) salmon and avocado, (d) salmon and water cress.